We are looking forward to finally welcoming you to Polperro once more now that the Government Restrictions for Covid-19 have been eased. However, some things will have changed since you last stayed with us. Please take note of the following safety procedures and changes that are currently in effect to protect guests, staff, and locals from any potential contact or spread of Covid-19:
- It is of VITAL IMPORTANCE that you do not travel to stay with us if you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, including: A high temperature, a new persistent cough, or a sudden loss of taste or smell. Please contact us as soon as possible on 01503 272241 if you will not be able to stay with us due to the presence of these symptoms.
- We have a forehead thermometer located on the wall outside the front door. ALL guests and staff are required to provide a normal temperature reading before entering the Hotel. If any member of your group fails to pass the temperature test, you will be given a free cancellation and asked to seek medical advice.
- Although we are doing our absolute best to ensure the safety of all of our guests and staff at this time, please be aware that by choosing to leave your home the risk of contracting Covid-19 is greater than if you were to stay at home.
What we are doing at The Hotel to keep you safe:
- Any remaining payment for your booking will be taken the day before your Arrival.
- Staggered breakfast slots are now in effect and a takeaway breakfast option is also available. We have removed the breakfast buffet from the dining room but most buffet items will still be available to be delivered straight from the kitchen to your table.
- Staff are being temperature-checked on arrival at work each day and if they fail this test they will be sent home. Staff will also be wearing a protective face covering whenever it is not possible to adequately social distance.
- Staff are currently not entering rooms to clean during Stay Overs, however fresh towels and additional tea, coffee, etc will be available upon request.
- All rooms are being intensely deep –cleaned in between each guest stay with anti-viral disinfectant sprays and steam cleaning of soft furnishings.
- All public areas including hand banisters and door handles are being regularly sanitised with anti-viral disinfectant sprays.
What We Need You to Do during your stay:
- Alert us immediately if you experience Covid-19 symptoms during your stay. These include: a high temperature, a new persistent cough, or a sudden loss of taste / smell.
- Use our hand sanitiser stations regularly throughout the day. These are located: outside the front door to be used every time before entering the building, and next to reception to be used before entering the dining room.
- Observe social distancing with staff and other guests. This should ideally by 2 metres apart from anyone who is not a member of your own household. Please be considerate when passing others in our narrow corridors and staircases. We encourage the use of facial coverings if you are not able to adequately social distance.
Eating Out in Polperro:
All of our local Pubs and Restaurants are currently running at a reduced seating capacity and pre-booking may now be ESSENTIAL. Here is a list of our local Pubs and Restaurants, all within easy walking distance from the Hotel, and the services they are currently providing. Please check their website or facebook page for more information and pre-book to avoid disappointment.
- The Blue Peter Pub: Currently only open for takeaway luxury picnic hampers, which must be ordered by 5pm the previous day, and takeaway Sunday roast, which must also be booked in advance.
- The Three Pilchards Pub: Not taking any bookings, first come first served, serving food between 11am – 10pm, large outdoor seating area.
- Crumblehorn Pub: Eat in or takeaway food and beer available, pre-booking is recommended
- The Ship Pub: Eat in or takeaway food and beer available, pre-booking is recommended
- The Kitchen Restaurant: open from 18th July, Pre-booking is essential.
- Michelle’s Restaurant: open from 4th July, wednesdays - saturdays takeaways from 5-6:45pm, eat in from 7pm. sunday roast takeaway between 12-1pm / 4-6pm, eat in from 1-3pm. . Pre-booking is essential.
- Nelson’s Restaurant: Open from late July, pre-booking may be essential
- Couches Restaurant: Takeaway or delivery only and currently only on Thursdays, Fridays, or Saturdays; must be pre-ordered. Restaurant is currently closed until September 3rd.
- Bean & Scone: open for takeaway pizza Wednesday & Saturday from 5pm. Booking essential.
- Many of our local attractions are currently only offering a set number of tickets per day to limit footfall and these MUST be bought in advance. Please check the website or facebook page of any attractions you are hoping to visit for more information and to pre-book.
- There is a list of some of the most popular local attractions on our things to do page here