We are looking forward to finally welcoming you to Polperro once more now that the Government Restrictions for Covid-19 have been eased. However, some things will have changed since you last stayed with us. Please take note of the following safety procedures and changes that are currently in effect to protect guests, staff, and locals from any potential contact or spread of Covid-19:
- It is of VITAL IMPORTANCE that you do not travel to stay with us if you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, including: A high temperature, a new persistent cough, or a sudden loss of taste or smell. Please contact us as soon as possible on 01503 272241 if you will not be able to stay with us due to the presence of these symptoms.
- If your home address falls into any of the areas currently subject to Covid-19 Government Lockdown travel restrictions, you must contact us immediately to reschedule another date for your booking. If you travel to us from an area with travel restrictions in place, you will not be permitted to enter and no refunds will be given.
- Although we are doing our absolute best to ensure the safety of all of our guests and staff at this time, please be aware that by choosing to leave your home the risk of contracting Covid-19 is greater than if you were to stay at home.
What we are doing at The Hotel to keep you safe:
- Staggered breakfast slots are in place. These are between 8am - 10am and are allocated on a First come First served basis at Check-In. If you have a strong need or preference for a particular time, please give us a call several days before your day of arrival to book your timeslot in advance.
- A takeaway breakfast baguette alternative is also available which must be ordered by 6pm the day before. This can be collected from Reception or delivered to your Room anytime between 8am - 10am.
- We have removed the breakfast buffet from the dining room but former buffet items are still available on the menu and can be delivered straight from the kitchen to your table.
- Staff will be wearing a mask or visor at Check In and when cooking / serving breakfast.
- Daily Room Housekeeping is between 10am - 2pm for guests staying more than 1 night. If you would prefer not to have your Room serviced, please place a Do Not Disturb sign on your Room door and ask at Reception if you would like any top ups of tea, coffee, etc.
- All rooms are being deep cleaned in between each guest stay with Anti-Viral disinfectant sprays.
- All public areas including hand banisters and door handles are being regularly sanitised with Anti-Viral disinfectant sprays.
- All Towels and Bedding, as well as cleaning cloths and tea towels are being washed at a minimum temperature of 60C or above.
What We Need You to Do during your stay:
- We kindly ask all Guests to wear a facial covering at Check In. At all other times facial coverings are now optional. However we strongly encourage the use of a mask or visor indoors, particularly when social distancing is not possible. Please also be aware that some local businesses may still require a mask to enter.
- Alert us immediately if you experience Covid-19 symptoms during your stay. These include: a high temperature, a new persistent cough, or a sudden loss of taste / smell.
- Use our hand sanitiser stations regularly throughout the day. These are located: outside the front door to be used every time before entering the building, next to reception to be used before entering the dining room, and next to the drinks machine in our Lounge.
- Observe social distancing with staff and other guests. This should be in line with current Government Guidance. Please be considerate when passing others in our narrow corridors and staircases.
- If you have a compatible smartphone, we recommend downloading the NHS Covid-19 app, and scanning the QR code located on our front door when you Check-In to enable Track & Trace.
Eating Out in Polperro:
See our Eating Out page for a full list of the Pubs and Restaurants that we highly recommend in the village.
Please be aware that due to Covid Social Distancing requirements, many of the Pubs and Restaurants have had to reduce their amount of indoor seating. They may also have other precautionary Covid measures in place when you arrive, to comply with government guidance.
- It is currently still essential to pre-book tickets online for many of Cornwall's popular attractions, including The Eden Project and The Lost Gardens of Heligan. This is so that they can limit footfall and meet social distancing requirements. Even if you have a yearly membership pass you must still book an arrival slot.
- Please check the website or facebook page of any attractions you are hoping to visit for more information and pre-book to avoid disappointment.
- There is a list of some of the most popular local attractions on our things to do page here