We are looking forward to finally welcoming you to Polperro once more now that the Government Restrictions for Covid-19 have been eased. However, some things will have changed since you last stayed with us. Please take note of the following safety procedures and changes that are currently in effect to protect guests, staff, and locals from any potential contact or spread of Covid-19:
- It is of VITAL IMPORTANCE that you do not travel to stay with us if you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, including: A high temperature, a new persistent cough, or a sudden loss of taste or smell. Please contact us as soon as possible on 01503 272241 if you will not be able to stay with us due to the presence of these symptoms.
- If your home address falls into any of the areas currently subject to Covid-19 Government Lockdown travel restrictions, you must contact us immediately to reschedule another date for your booking. If you travel to us from an area with travel restrictions in place, you will not be permitted to enter and no refunds will be given.
- We have a forehead thermometer located on the wall outside the front door. All guests and staff are required to provide a normal temperature reading of below 37.5C before entering the Hotel. If any member of your group fails to pass the temperature test, you will be given a free cancellation and asked to seek medical advice.
- Although we are doing our absolute best to ensure the safety of all of our guests and staff at this time, please be aware that by choosing to leave your home the risk of contracting Covid-19 is greater than if you were to stay at home.
What we are doing at The Hotel to keep you safe:
- Any remaining payment for your booking will be taken the day before your Arrival instead of at Check-In.
- Staggered breakfast slots are now in effect and these are allocated on a First come First served basis at Check-In. A takeaway breakfast baguette alternative is also available which must be ordered by 6pm the day before. We have removed the breakfast buffet from the dining room but most buffet items are still available to be delivered straight from the kitchen to your table.
- Staff are being temperature-checked on arrival at work each day and if they fail this test they will be sent home. Staff will also be wearing a protective face covering in all Public Indoor areas.
- Staff are currently not entering rooms daily to clean during Guest Stays. For guests staying more than one night, we will leave a Housekeeping bag on the Room door each morning. This contains a few basic top ups including tea, coffee, and a toilet roll. If there is anything else you would like, please ask at Reception. For guests staying 5 nights or more, an optional bedding change & bathroom clean will be offered on the 4th morning of your stay and every 4 nights afterwards.
- All rooms are being intensely deep–cleaned in between each guest stay with Anti-Viral disinfectant sprays and steam cleaning of soft furnishings.
- All public areas including hand banisters and door handles are being regularly sanitised with Anti-Viral disinfectant sprays.
- All Towels and Bedding, as well as cleaning cloths and tea towels are being washed at a minimum temperature of 60C or above.
What We Need You to Do during your stay:
- It is now Compulsory to wear a facial covering in all Public Indoor areas of the Hotel, except when you are sat down eating or drinking in the Breakfast Room. If you have a Medical Exemption, you must bring proof of this with you at Check-In.
- Alert us immediately if you experience Covid-19 symptoms during your stay. These include: a high temperature, a new persistent cough, or a sudden loss of taste / smell.
- Use our hand sanitiser stations regularly throughout the day. These are located: outside the front door to be used every time before entering the building, next to reception to be used before entering the dining room, and next to the drinks machine in our Lounge.
- Observe social distancing with staff and other guests. This should ideally by 2 metres apart from anyone who is not a member of your own household. Please be considerate when passing others in our narrow corridors and staircases.
- If you have a compatible smartphone, we recommend downloading the NHS Covid-19 app, and scanning the QR code located on our front door when you Check-In to enable Track & Trace.
Eating Out in Polperro:
Most of our local Pubs and Restaurants have now reopened, however please be aware that some of these are now running at a reduced seating capacity and have precautionary Covid-19 measures in place.
In particular, many of our Pubs now have limited indoor seating and so during bad weather there may be a longer wait than usual for a table. The majority of our local pubs do not allow pre-booking however advance booking is essential for the restaurants as they are very popular and can book up weeks in advance.
Here is a list of our favourite local Pubs and Restaurants, all within easy walking distance from the Hotel, and the services they are currently providing. Please check their website or facebook page for menus, prices, and more information.
- The Three Pilchards Pub: The oldest pub in Polperro offering an excellent range of home-made seafood dishes, also serving Fine Real Ales. Serving Sunday lunchtime Roast Dinners in the winter. Dog-friendly. A small amount of indoor seating as well as a large outdoor seating area with harbour views. They do not allow advance booking but during busy times they offer a waiting list service for a table.
- Crumblehorn Pub: Traditional pub food. Scenic water mill. Moderate amount of indoor seating as well as an outdoor seating area. Dog friendly. Pre-booking is Recommended. Tel: 01503 272348.
- The Ship Pub: Traditional pub food. Dog friendly. Moderate amount of indoor seating as well as a small outdoor seating area. Pre-booking is Recommended. Tel: 01503 273424
- The Blue Peter Pub: Currently closed. Please see their Facebook page for more news. A small amount of indoor seating, takeaway food and drink and outdoor seating next to the Harbour. They do not allow advance booking, however during busy times they offer a waiting list service for a table. Fine Real Ales, excellent selection of home-cooked pub meals, very popular with the locals. Dog friendly.
- Bean & Scone: A cream tea cafe by day, and offering excellent takeaway pizzas on Wednesday evenings. Pre-book to select a collection or delivery slot. Tel: 07870 682226
- Couch's Restaurant: Currently taking bookings from December 11th. Advance booking is essential. A Fine Dining Experience, high quality food, 3-6 course menu, perfect for a special occasion. Tel: 01503 272554
- It is currently still essential to pre-book tickets online for many of Cornwall's popular attractions, including The Eden Project and The Lost Gardens of Heligan. This is so that they can limit footfall and meet social distancing requirements.
- Please check the website or facebook page of any attractions you are hoping to visit for more information and pre-book to avoid disappointment.
- There is a list of some of the most popular local attractions on our things to do page here