Polperro benefits from many High Quality Pubs and Restaurants, specialising in locally-caught fish dishes and traditional homemade English food. Below is a list of our favourites, all within a short easy walk from the Hotel.
Please check out their website or facebook page for menus, prices, etc.
Pubs / Bars
Our local pubs are open all year round. The majority of the Pubs do not offer advance bookings but during busy time periods many of them offer a waiting list service for a table. Please also be aware that many of the Pubs have limited indoor seating and so during bad weather there may be a longer wait than usual for a table. We currently advise heading out for an evening pub meal no later than 6pm to ensure you can get on their waiting list for the evening.
- Blue Peter Inn - Fine Real Ales, excellent selection of home-made pub meals, live music every weekend, traditional old-fashioned décor, very popular with the locals. Small amount of indoor seating. Dog friendly.
- The Three Pilchards - The oldest pub in Polperro offering an excellent range of home-made seafood dishes, also serving Fine Real Ales. They have a small amount of indoor seating as well as a large outdoor seating area with harbour views. Dog friendly.
- The Ship Inn - Traditional pub food, live music often at weekends. Moderate amount of indoor seating as well as a covered outdoor seating area. Dog friendly. Serving food Tuesdays - Sundays, kitchen closed on Mondays.
- The Crumplehorn - Traditional pub food. Scenic water mill. Moderate amount of indoor seating as well as an outdoor seating area. Dog friendly. They currently allow advance booking. Tel: 01503 272348
- The Pallace - a Bar serving drinks only, their prime location on the harbour means that they're the perfect place to enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail or two.
Our local restaurants close in the winter months and re-open in the spring, often from the Easter holidays onwards. Advance Booking is essential for all of the local Restaurants as they are very popular with locals and tourists alike and can book up months in advance during the summer / autumn season.
- Michelle's Restaurant - A small family run Restaurant specialising in locally caught fish and shellfish. Vegetarian and vegan dishes also available. Dog friendly but please mention if you will be bringing a dog with you. Open Thursday - Sunday, Closed on Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Advance booking is essential, often books up months in advance. Tel: 01503 272459
- The Kitchen Restaurant - Cosy Restaurant, Family run, offering a small but high quality homemade menu. Open Friday - Tuesday, Closed Wednesdays & Thursdays. Advance booking is essential. Tel: 01503 272812 or email: email@example.com
- Nelson's Restaurant - CLOSED Currently awaiting information on re-opening for summer 2022. High quality food, fantastic Steak & Seafood options as well as a varied Vegetarian menu. Advance booking is essential. Tel: 01503 272366
- Couches Great House - A Fine Dining Experience, extremely high quality food, 3-6 course menu, perfect for a special occasion. Open Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays. Closed Sunday - Wednesday. Advance booking is essential, deposit required. Tel: 01503 272554
Cafes / Light Lunches
- The Museum Tea Room - Serving hot and cold drinks, cream teas, cakes, and light lunches. Situated next to the Smuggler's Museum, the tea room has indoor / outdoor seating and views of the harbour.
- The Plantation Tearoom - Serving hot and cold drinks, breakfasts, cream teas, cakes, and light lunches. Homemade scones, indoor and outdoor seating, vegan options available.
- Bean & Scone - Serving hot and cold drinks, cream teas, cakes, and light lunches. Homemade scones, only a couple of shops away from the hotel.
- Coffee Cake Create - Quirky village cafe offering a wide variety of community based art workshops and courses as well as hot and cold drinks, cakes, and ice cream.
- Harbour Green House - Serving breakfasts, lunches and evening meals.
- House on the Props - Serving breakfasts, lunches, and afternoon teas. Occasionally open for evening meals / Sunday lunch.
- Polperro Bakery - Serving hot and cold drinks, cream teas, cakes and light lunches.
- Burger in a Brioche - Reopening for the summer season from July 2022. Gourmet burgers and sides made by the chef of Couches Restaurant.
- Chip Ahoy - Takeaway fish and chip shop on the harbour, open lunchtime and evenings.
- Nanny Ducks - Open during the day, excellent Cornish Pasties and ice creams
- Munchies - Open during the day. Small takeaway kiosk serving burgers, hot dogs, cold drinks. Good vegetarian and vegan options available.