Polperro benefits from many High Quality Pubs and Restaurants, specialising in locally-caught fish dishes and traditional homemade English food. Below is a list of our favourites, all within a short easy walk from the Hotel.
Please check out their website or facebook page for menus, prices, etc.
Pubs / Bars
Our local pubs are open all year round. The majority of the Pubs do not allow advance bookings but during busy time periods many of them offer a waiting list service for a table. Please also be aware that many of the Pubs have limited indoor seating and so during bad weather there may be a longer wait than usual for a table. During the busier months, we advise heading out for an evening pub meal no later than 6pm to ensure that you can get on their waiting list for the evening.
- Blue Peter Inn - Fine Real Ales, excellent selection of home-made pub meals, live music every weekend, traditional old-fashioned décor, very popular with the locals. Small amount of indoor seating. Dog friendly.
- The Three Pilchards - The oldest pub in Polperro offering an excellent range of home-made seafood dishes, also serving Fine Real Ales. They have a small amount of indoor seating as well as a large outdoor seating area with harbour views. Dog friendly.
- The Ship Inn - Traditional pub food, live music often at weekends. Moderate amount of indoor seating as well as a covered outdoor seating area. Dog friendly. No food on Mondays.
- The Crumplehorn - Traditional pub food. Scenic water mill. Live music at the weekends. Moderate amount of indoor seating as well as an outdoor seating area. Dog friendly. They currently allow advance booking. Tel: 01503 272348
- The Pallace - a Bar serving drinks only. Their prime location on the harbour means that they're the perfect place to enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail or two.
Our local restaurants close in the winter months and re-open in the spring, often from the Easter holidays onwards. Advance Booking is essential for all of the local Restaurants as they are very popular with locals and tourists alike and can book up months in advance during the summer / autumn season.
- Michelle's Restaurant - CURRENTLY CLOSED for the winter, but will be reopening briefly for the Christmas light switch on weekend Thursday 30th November. A small family run Restaurant specialising in locally caught fish and shellfish. Vegetarian and vegan dishes also available. Open Thursday, Friday, Saturday evenings, and Sunday for Roast lunches. Dog friendly but please mention if you will be bringing a dog with you when you book. Advance booking is essential, often books up months in advance. Tel: 01503 272459
- Couches Great House - CURRENTLY CLOSED FROM NOVEMBER 2023 - FEBRUARY 2024. A Fine Dining Experience, extremely high quality food, 4 course set menu, perfect for a special occasion. Open Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday evenings. Advance booking is essential, deposit required. Tel: 01503 272554
Cafes / Light Lunches / Light Evening Meals
- The Museum Tea Room - Serving hot and cold drinks, cream teas, cakes, and light lunches. Situated next to the Smuggler's Museum, the tea room has indoor / outdoor seating and views of the harbour.
- The Plantation Tearoom - Serving hot and cold drinks, breakfasts, cream teas, cakes, and light lunches. Licensed. Homemade scones, indoor and outdoor seating, vegan options available.
- Clements and Hope - Coffee shop serving drinks, cream teas, and light lunches.
- Bean & Scone - Serving hot and cold drinks, cream teas, cakes, and light lunches. Homemade scones, only a couple of shops away from the hotel.
- Harbour Green House - Serving breakfasts and lunches. Also open on selected days for evening meals.
- House on the Props - Serving breakfasts, lunches, and afternoon teas. Sometimes open for evening meals / Sunday lunch, check out their Facebook page for more details. Booking advised.
- Polperro Bakery - Serving hot and cold drinks, cream teas, cakes and light lunches. Good selection of ready made takeaway sandwiches and takeaway cream teas available.
- Nanny Ducks - Located opposite the Harbour Green House, they are a daytime takeaway for excellent Cornish Pasties and ice creams.
- Munchies - Daytime takeaway kiosk serving burgers, hot dogs, cold drinks.
- The Sugar Shack - Daytime hot fresh donut kiosk, located in front of the Harbour Green House.
- Turntable Pizzeria - Local pizzeria serving excellent handmade pizzas. They are predominately a takeaway but they do have a couple of tables to eat in. Dog friendly. Currently open Thursday, Fridays, Saturdays
Restaurant Recommendations in Local Towns
Looe is approximately a 5 mile car / taxi ride from Polperro. Fowey is approximately an 8 mile car ride away, via Bodinnick Car Ferry.