Dog Friendly Hotel
The Claremont Hotel is an adult-only, dog-friendly hotel in the heart of Polperro, a pretty Cornish fishing village on the south-west coast of England
The Claremont Hotel is proudly situated in one of the most dog-friendly areas of the country, making us the perfect place to stay for a holiday away with your pet.
We are delighted to welcome well-behaved dogs into the majority of our rooms, by prior arrangement. There is an extra fee of £10 per dog, per night.
Upon arrival at the hotel, all dogs receive a complimentary welcome pack including a toy and a treat. We also have bowls and dog towels available to use during your stay.
Our canine guests are welcome in all public areas of the hotel with you, including the breakfast room, and they are treated to their own delicious sausage at breakfast-time.
Dog Friendly Pubs & Beaches
Polperro has a wide selection of dog-friendly pubs and cafes, all within easy walking distance of the hotel.
The coastal path is only a short walk away, offering stunning coastal views and links to the dog-friendly beaches at Talland Bay, Hannafore, and Seaton.
The Dog House
Polperro has a brilliant little Dog shop called The Doghouse, which sells toys, treats, games, food and even dog friendly beers. We are also happy to recommend The Dog House in Looe for any Dog Grooming needs during your stay.
After each doggy visit, the rooms are given a particularly deep clean to make sure that all of our guests can enjoy the best possible standard of hygiene and cleanliness.
Doggy House Rules:
- Dog owners are liable, accountable and responsible for the welfare, behaviour and actions of their dog.
- We welcome dogs in all public areas of the hotel including the breakfast room, providing they will sit quietly, as not all guests love dogs as much as we do.
- Please do not leave your dog unattended in your room if you are not on site.
- Please do not bring wet or muddy dogs into the Hotel. Please use the dog towels located at Reception. Please also refrain from using the guest towels to dry your dog.
- Please dispose of dog waste in our dog poo bin, located in the hotel car park next to the recycling bins, and not in any of our indoor bins.
- Please be aware that some of the windows in the rooms are close to the ground and a determined dog may try to jump out of one in pursuit of a seagull
- If your dog is likely to get up onto the bed, please remove the throw from the foot of the bed, as the throw is made from a delicate loose-weave fabric and snags very easily on dog claws.